Chem Club Travel/ Research Grant
Travel grant deadline has been extended to April 30th for those interested in going to the ACS National meeting in Indianapolis in Fall 2013.
Application forms available below
Eligibility and criteria for ISU Chem Club Travel or Research Grant:
- Must be an ISU Chemistry Club member.
- Minimum of 4 hours per semester worked at the ISU Chem Club bookstore to ensure eligibility to apply.
- Involvement with other ISU Chem Club activities.
- Must present research poster or oral presentation at regional or national meeting.
- Must present research poster or oral presentation at ISU Chem Club poster session and ISU graduate or undergraduate symposium.
- Apply for travel grant within 12 months of earned credits from Chem Club activities including lab manual sales
and internal/external club events.
- Retrospective (no longer than 9 months from application deadline) grant applications are welcomed, however
prospective grant applications are preferred.
- Grant application deadline for the Fall Semester is the First Friday in October by 3pm.
- Grant application deadline for the Spring Semester is the First Friday in February by 3pm.
Distribution of funds for Travel Grant or Research Grant:
- One (1) full travel or research grant is designated to the Fundraiser Chair per year (up to $1200, with the
possibility of additional funds with justification).
- If the ISU Chem Club receives an award from the American Chemical Society (ACS) then, one (1) full travel
grant (up to $1200) is designated to the Chem Club president (or representative) for travel to the ACS National
meeting in order to pick up the award upon presenting a poster at the meeting.
- If the ISU Chem Club receives an award from the American Chemical Society (ACS) then, one (1) travel grant
(up to $500) is designated to the Chem Club Advisor or Advisors (that were associated with the award) for travel
to the ACS National meeting in order to pick up the award.
- Allocation of funds will be determined by ISU Chem Club Funding committee, which is composed of the Chem
Club advisor(s) and club officers. In the case that an officer applies for a travel or research grant, the individual
would recuse themselves from the Funding committee.
- One (1) travel or research grant per person per academic year (August 1 to July 31) except under special
- Number of travel or research grants awarded per academic year (August 1 to July 31) will be determined by
the Funding committee based on the availability of funds.
Research grant (up to $500) for commodities or stipend requirements:
- Fill out research grant application form.
- Written letter of research project approval from research advisor.
- Written 1-2 page summary of progress made or research poster presentation due within 9 months of obtaining
- If a Research grant is awarded to an applicant, the applicant’s advisor will determine if the research award is
distributed as commodities or stipend.
Travel grant (up to $1200) requirements:
- Fill out travel grant application form.
- Receipts of travel expenses must be turned in no later than 30 days after the completion of travel.
- Written or oral report about travel experience must be due within 30 days of return to campus.
Download Application Forms here:
DOC file: Chem Club Travel/Research Grant Application
PDF file: Chem Club Travel/Research Grant Application
Additional informatou about Examples of Eligible and Ineligible Expenses of Travel Grant